A huge congratulations to lots of the girls from Rutland NS who were competing in Donegal last weekend. The school came home with over 15 trophies and plenty of smiles!
Author: msoherlihy (Page 1 of 5)
First we made our own mountain using flour, water and salt. Then we made our mountains turn into volcanoes by creating an explosion!
We used baking soda, washing liquid and vinegar to create our eruption.
We watched the lava explode down the volcano and this lava will harden to form igneous rocks. It was great fun.
We learnt about fishes, the barges, bridges and canals.
Godfrey was our guide and he was great.
We also learnt about the locks which open and close to let the boats through them.
5 people in our class said they would like to live in a barge. Teacher thinks it might be nice in summer but not in winter!
We got great highlighters as well. Thank you to Godfrey for our tour.
Hi from Room 8
We are the new third class and we rule the school! (just joking!)
We like football, chocolate, lollipops, dancing, ice cream, pancakes, art, science, maths and lots more.
We are excited about being in third class but we miss Mr Cherry!
We have two teachers this year, Ms O’Herlihy and Ms Quinn.
We are looking forward to going to senior yard, lots of trips and dancing!
Keep checking the website to see what we are up to.
Bye for now.
Dora, Alicia, Brooke, Fegor, Sienna, Frankie, Sabrina, Lexi, Alisha, Abbie, Jadine, Brooklyn, Richard, Alper, Warren, Alex, Anand
We have had such a busy and exciting first term!
Here’s a few different things we have done:
- Trip to the Botanic Gardens
- Science week in the Ilac Library
- Meeting Alan Nolan, the author, in the Ilac Library
- A trip to the bowling alley
- A trip to the Central Bank where we met the boss of all the banks in Ireland!
- A magic maths man did some tricks with us
- Junior Achievement came to our class for a few weeks
- Science for Fun with our parents
- We made our very own lava lamps
- Best of all – we got €50, 000 each!!!